Supports the sales department by assisting with the design, pricing and proposing of additions to key customer’s systems. Works with sales on larger projects to assist with the complex engineering scope items. Work cooperatively with the sales manager, customers and other company personnel to generate and/or follow up on sales leads in the building automation systems and/or security marketplace culminating in the successful presentation of a system proposal and receipt of a purchase order.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with developing design solutions for card access, closed circuit TV and automatic temperature control system additions or for small projects that have no plans or specifications.
- Provides input for estimates on projects of all sizes.
- Provides support with writing detailed scopes of work and proposals as required to support estimates and sales activities.
- Performs customer site visits as required to gather information to support design solutions.
- Participates in job kick-off meetings as needed to ensure smooth transition of project scope and site visit details.
- Assists with sales leads and customer contacts.
- Assists Sales Manager in implementing marketing plan.
- Assist with necessary sales follow up to secure purchase order.
- Actively updates sales progress in current CRM.
- Partners with Sales Manager, internal and external customers to generate and/or follow up on sales leads in the Building Automation Sytsems and/or Security industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent experience in the building automation industry.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Excellent organizational skills with good attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and BAS systems, Card Access and CCTV systems.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the assigned work location/office.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally to jobsites as needed.
- Working a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
- Standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending, twisting, and walking as needed to perform site surveys to collect data for project design.
- Balance adequate for climbing ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Environmental factors include working in: temperature extremes of 0 F to 100 F up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, odors; and poor ventilation in confined spaces.
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, gloves and hearing protection.