Come onboard for a career, stay for the rewarding challenge! We are recruiting for a hands-on, highly motivated candidates to join our sales team and help grow the business. With Tri-M’s career development program, you will start with a base salary and the potential to advance your career into a position that continues to offer endless career growth and opportunity.
Supports the sales department by assisting with the design, pricing and proposing of additions to key customer’s systems. Works with sales on larger projects to assist with the complex technical scope items. Work cooperatively with the sales manager, customers and other company personnel to generate and/or follow up on sales leads in the security marketplace and/or Smart Building Solutions culminating in the successful presentation of a system proposal and receipt of a purchase order.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M employment policies and procedures including standards of conduct and appearance to reflect positively on the Company.
- Presenting – presenting to various audiences and perspective clients
- Assists with developing design solutions for card access, IP video surveillance, Smart Building Solutions additions or for small projects that have no plans or specifications.
- Provides input for estimates on projects of all sizes.
- Provides support with writing detailed scopes of work and proposals as required to support estimates and sales activities.
- Performs customer site visits as required to gather information to support design solutions.
- Participates in job kick-off meetings as needed to ensure smooth transition of project scope and site visit details.
- Assists with sales leads and customer contacts.
- Assists Sales Manager in implementing marketing plan.
- Assist with necessary sales follow up to secure purchase order.
- Actively updates sales progress in current CRM.
- Partners with Sales Manager, internal and external customers to generate and/or follow up on sales leads in the Smart Building Solutions and/or Security industry.
- Bachelor’s and/or Associate’s degree, or equivalent years’ experience.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and BAS systems, Card Access and/or CCTV systems, a plus.
- Experience within Smart Building Solutions or security industry, a plus.
- Highly motivated and driven individual with a strong willingness to learn within a technical industry.
- A proven track record of success within sales strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Excellent organizational skills with good attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the assigned work location/office.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally to customer locations as needed.
- Unlimited growth potential. Commission based; earn as much as you want.
- Working a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including hard hat, safety glasses, protected-toe boots, and appropriate gloves for the task. Other equipment on an "as needed" basis may include fall protection, dust mask, respirator, hearing protection, etc.
- Ability to visit construction jobsites including walking on uneven terrain, occasionally climbing, stooping, squatting and exposure to temperature extremes and the “elements” to perform site surveys and collect data for project design.
- Special hazards may include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards while performing site visits.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, gloves and hearing protection.
Here at The Tri-M Group we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We have built a reputation for delivering quality design, installation and service of high voltage, electrical construction, Smart Building Solutions, data and telecommunications networks, security and energy analytics. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
At Tri-M, we offer:
- Fair and competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Program plus company match
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!