Supervises and directs overall administration, organization and implementation of assigned electrical projects in a manner that optimizes customer satisfaction and project profitability. This includes design, layout, scheduling, material requisition, labor assignments and billing. Duties also include assigned employee career development and performance appraisals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts timely and accurate performance appraisals on all assigned personnel.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and solicits customer feedback from all project customers.
- Schedules appointments with project customers to evaluate projects.
- Performs design/build activities when required by customer.
- Provides accurate information to ensure proper project initialization.
- Assures that all permits, licenses, and inspections filings are completed.
- Develops scope of work, bill of material and labor hours for estimates.
- Schedules weekly activities of all assigned personnel.
- Coordinates material requirements of projects to ensure timely delivery of material for jobs.
- Ensures that project scheduling meets the time goals of the customer.
- Ensures projects are properly tooled and have secure storage and office facilities.
- Ensures completion of required site safety audits and weekly toolbox talks.
- Assists personnel with on-site problems when necessary.
- Prepares project status reports and/or schedules, if applicable.
- Prices, submits to owner and expedites all change order requests.
- Assures timely completion of punch list items.
- Assures timely submission of accurate as-built drawings, when applicable.
- Responds in timely manner to employee concerns.
- Reviews and ensures that all reports and paperwork from field is accurate prior to submitting to data entry.
- Attends job meeting on projects as required.
- Cooperates harmoniously with other project managers and other management personnel to ensure total efficient operations of company.
- Assists in general business development activities.
Skills & Education:
- High school diploma with additional 2 years technical training desired or Construction Management degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Project Management role, prior field experience desired.
- Excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems and the NEC.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and work under pressure.
- Excellent verbal, written and human relations skills.
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Working a minimum of 40+ hours/week shifts.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 50 lbs.; frequently 0 to 35 lbs. and infrequently above 35 lbs.; sizes and shapes of objects vary from conduit to large panel covers.
- Ability to lift from floor to above shoulder.
- Repetitive use of hands includes keyboarding, occasional grasping of hand tools and fine motor coordination for electrical installations.
- Vision adequate for daily and consistent computer use and reading.
- Balance adequate for occasional climbing of ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Environmental factors include working in: temperature extremes of 0F to 100F; up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, odors; and poor ventilation in confined spaces.
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, gloves and hearing protection.