This entry-level position requires 1-3 years' of experience and performs various Account Payable and Accounts Receivable data entry, accounting and office support functions for the Corporate Services Division. Knowledge of accounting procedures, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and job costing. Determines priorities of weekly routine items and projects. Maintains discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive information. Consistently seeks opportunities to develop and grow professionally and personally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M employment policies and procedures including standards of conduct and appearance to reflect positively on the Company.
- Maintains confidential accounting related files.
- Receives calls from employees and supervisors for accounting inquiries.
- Performs and generates accounting research and reports as requested.
- Assists the A/P staff with posting vendor invoices and credits.
- Processes and maintains files of paid and unpaid vendor invoices and packing slips.
- Maintains a positive relationship with vendors’ representatives.
- Returns invoices, which have discrepancies, to vendors and/or Company staff with explanation, and responsible for obtaining those invoices for processing.
- Generates timely and accurate accounting and financial reports, as needed.
- Assists with phone coverage as needed.
- Assists with accounting projects as needed.
- Assists Contract Administrator with Accounts Receivable collection efforts.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience within accounting or related field.
- Associate Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office programs including experience with formatting and using spreadsheets.
- Ability to handle situations in a professional, constructive manner.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Working 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8-hour shifts.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.