Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Under the supervision of the assigned manager, performs tasks related to the installation, troubleshooting, and service of networking, voice and other related communication systems. Primarily performs the field layout of cable raceways and telecommunication rooms, performs cable splicing, and runs small projects or portions of a larger project. Also provides technical assistance and resolves installation and maintenance problems associated with networking and voice systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates lay out and installation of primary cable raceways.
- Coordinates lay out and installation of telecommunication room hardware.
- Splices copper and fiber optic cable and plans and executes system cutovers.
- Coordinates the installation of horizontal and backbone cabling.
- Conducts appropriate on-the-job training of all team members.
- Runs small projects or portions of a larger project.
- Administers the close out process when running projects.
- Completes all necessary paperwork including daily job journals, timesheets, tool/equipment sign-outs, etc.
- Safeguards and maintains Tri-M equipment, material, tools, and vehicles.
- Responds to emergency service requests outside of regular duty hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two year technical degree in Electrical Systems Technology or minimum of eight (8) years work experience in networking and voice systems.
- Proficient in Structured Cabling Technician duties and knowledge.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Have completed the BICSI Installer, Level II On-the-Job-Training program or demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- Have passed the BICSI Installer, Level II examination or demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- Good knowledge of common electrical instruments and their proper use (volt, ohm, amp meters).
- Proficient knowledge of telephony installation (POTS).
- Intermediate knowledge of local and wide area networking (e.g. identify and describe the basic operation of network interface cards, hubs, switches and routers).
- Proficient knowledge of the telecommunications codes and standards as per the National Electrical Code and ANSI/TIA/EIA standards.
- Proficient knowledge of grounding theory per article 250 of the National Electrical Code and the ANSI/TIA/EIA 607 Standard.
- Basic personal computing skills and familiarity with Microsoft office programs.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and a history of safe driving.
- Must have reliable personal transportation to and from the assigned work location/office.
- Must purchase Company required personal tools (see attached list) and maintain in good condition.
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally to jobsites.
- Working 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 to 10 hour shifts.
- Standing and climbing 4 to 6 hours/day.
- Kneeling, lifting, reaching above shoulders, and bending 4 to 5 hours/day.
- Twisting (180° ) and walking 2 to 3 hours/day.
- Squatting and sitting 1 to 2 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 75 lbs. at the following frequencies:continuous lifting of 10 to 35 lbs.; frequent lifting of 35 to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting of 50 to 75 lbs.; sizes & shapes of objects vary from concrete blocks to cylinders to 10’ lengths of metallic conduit and 20' lengths of PVC conduit; average carry requirements, 60 lbs. for 40'.
- Ability to lift from floor to above shoulder.
- Repetitive use of hands includes: continuous grasping up to 50 lbs.; frequent pushing and pulling of 50 to 75 lbs.; and fine motor coordination for receptacle installation and wire terminations.
- Repetitive use of feet is required for operating heavy equipment, conduit benders and vertical climbing.
- Vision adequate for blueprint reading and color coding for wire identification.
- Balance adequate for continuous climbing of ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Environmental factors include working in temperature extremes of 0° F to 100° F; up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, and odors within the Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL).
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and potentially explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, protected-toe boots, and appropriate gloves for the task.
- Equipment on an "as needed" basis may include fall protection, dust mask, respirator, hearing protection, arc flash protective gear, and dielectrically insulated gloves and/or sleeves.
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.