Performs, manages, directs and coordinates the sales and marketing activities of BAS to optimize long term business development, growth, profitability and public image. In addition, assures that BAS’s marketing and business development activities are unified and supplement each of Tri-M’s other business units when required. Develops and implements sales and marketing plans, strategies and objectives. Develops additional programs, services and products to meet the needs of the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M employment policies and procedures including standards of conduct and appearance to reflect positively on the Company.
- Coaches, mentors and manages the activities of the sales and marketing personnel for the BAS group including conducting timely annual career enhancement conferences.
- Develops and executes annual business development, sales and marketing plan in concert with The Tri-M’s Group overall plan, which supports the strategic direction and revenue objectives for the various BAS business units.
- Develops an action plan for the goals and strategies that are part of the BAS business plan. Reviews and monitors progress on a monthly basis.
- Develops the annual selling budgets for BAS business units and monitors the selling expenses on a monthly basis.
- Develops and administers the commission plans for all BAS account managers.
- Researches and identifies new markets that will best utilize the talents and resources of Tri-M in order optimize long term growth, profitability and public image and prioritize targeted markets.
- Identifies and tracks potential customers using the company standard software system. Ensures that assigned employees fully participate. Evaluates the ideal opportunity in which Tri-M desires to do business and assists in building relationships and cultivates business opportunities with those targeted customers.
- Maintains intelligence on our competition and any change in their strategy.
- Works in conjunction with the marketing department to develop and maintain sales and marketing materials and related activities.
- Sets the agenda and chairs the monthly sales meetings.
- Oversees the preparation of the monthly sales activities reports that are required for the monthly sales and executive committee meetings.
- Oversees the implementation of the customer satisfaction questionnaire process. Conducts follow up with key targeted customers.
- Maintains effective relationships with current vendor and product lines as required.
- Attends corporate meetings as required.
- Attends the BAS operations meetings in order to assess the flow of information to and from the sales team and to ensure that solid relationships are maintained between operations and the sales team.
- Ensures that estimating and pricing guidelines are being followed.
- Promotes cross-selling of all Tri-M’s services.
- Performs additional duties as instructed by the vice president/general manager.
- Participates in business related association groups, development councils and public events to establish networking opportunities.
- Participates in local or national peer groups in order to build solid networking relationships and obtain best practices in the industry.
- College degree in engineering or business with emphasis on sales/marketing.
- Ten plus years’ experience in sales and marketing and three to five years’ experience in sales management, preferably in the building automation industry.
- Thorough understanding of and extensive past experience in the building automation industry. Additional experience in the security industry is a plus.
- Proven skills in creating new approaches and improving existing procedures to best utilize the capabilities of BAS.
- Excellent written and communications skills, especially in conceptualizing and consolidating diverse business information.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Confident, sincere, knowledgeable portrayal of public image.
- Ability to research and investigative changes in technology in our marketing area and to create long range, integrated, marketing directions based on the research.
- Ability to consistently solicit ideas and information from all corporate management on marketing problems and needs.
- Willingness to devote the time necessary to develop and nurture customer relationships.
- Working 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 hour shifts.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.