Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Under the supervision of the Safety and Training Manager, responsible for the development and implementation of Tri-M’s High Voltage Apprenticeship Curriculum and supplemental skills training to support the High Voltage and EnerG Test Divisions. Conducts job site safety inspections and identifies, reports, and resolves hazardous or potentially hazardous situations on High Voltage and EnerG Test projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M employment policies and procedures including standards of conduct and appearance to reflect positively on the Company.
- Coordinates the execution of Apprentice training for the HV business units at all locations.
- Implements and/or facilitates training as required.
- Develops supplemental training programs to support the apprentices as needed.
- Maintains relationships with training partners to identify strategic training opportunities.
- Keeps abreast of developments, standards, and trends in High Voltage and Testing industry.
- Networks with other training professionals especially within the High Voltage and Testing industry.
- Conducts jobsite safety inspection on a regular basis and addresses site conditions as required.
- Identifies, documents, and recommends solutions of hazardous/potentially hazardous conditions. Follows through to ensure conditions have been corrected.
- Collects information for incident investigations and help recommend preventative solutions.
- Recommends topics for annual safety program goals.
- Completes approximately fifteen (15) jobsite audits per month.
- Reviews Shut-Down SOPs, tailboards, and other documents to verify accuracy, appropriate level of detail, and completeness of documents.
- Serves as a resource to employees for field electrical safety related questions.
- Performs special projects assigned by the Safety and Training Manager.
- Represents Tri-M at select customer safety meetings.
Education & Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years in the High Voltage Electrical Trade.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in training or adult learning.
- Strong Knowledge of the NEC and Utility Standards.
- OSHA 10hr or 30hr Card (OSHA 30hr Card Preferred).
- First Aid, CPR, AED Certification preferred.
- Awareness of applicable federal, state, and local regulations for the High Voltage and Testing industry.
- Ability to recognize hazards and recommend corrective action.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Valid passenger driver’s license.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task various job responsibilities simultaneously.
- Working up to 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 – 10-hour shifts.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for daily and consistent computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
- Standing and climbing 4 to 6 hours/day.
- Kneeling, lifting, reaching above shoulders, and bending 4 to 5 hours/day.
- Balance adequate for continuous climbing of ladders, scaffolds, and lifts and for working from heights.
- Environmental factors may include working in temperature extremes of 0° F to 100° F up to 8 hours inside or outside and atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, and odors within the Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL).
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and potentially explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, protected-toe boots, and appropriate gloves for the task. Equipment on an "as needed" basis may include fall protection, dust mask, respirator, hearing protection, arc flash protective gear, and dielectrically insulated gloves and/or sleeves, etc.
- Ability to visit construction jobsites including walking on uneven terrain, occasionally climbing, stooping, squatting and exposure to temperature extremes and the “elements”.
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.