Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Assists the AP Supervisor with various tasks necessary to prepare, enter and pay approved company expenditures and maintains accounts payable files, inventory records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M employment policies and procedures including standards of conduct and appearance to reflect positively on the Company.
- Assists management and operations in developing appropriate policies and procedures to achieve efficient and accurate recording of non-payroll expenses and disbursement.
- Performs various tasks necessary to pay properly approved company expenditures including cutting check requests per CFO, Controller, and Accounting Manager approval.
- Responsible for invoice and account postings.
- Properly posts vendor credits and ensures unused credits are refunded to the company.
- Handles calls from vendors regarding open invoices, payment approvals and payment schedules.
- Verifies check runs by matching checks to invoices.
- Adds new vendors and maintains vendor files.
- Processes and maintains files of paid and unpaid vendor invoices and packing slips.
- Reconciles monthly vendor statements.
- Maintains a positive relationship with vendors’ representatives.
- Processes inventory job requisitions.
- Assists with various Accounting and Purchasing tasks, as needed.
Education & Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting or related field.
- Understanding of bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of Sales Tax, Use Tax and tax exemptions preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint 8/10.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situation in a professional, constructive manner.
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8-hour shifts.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.