Here at The Tri-M Group we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Under the field supervision of a Journeyperson or Foreperson, performs various tasks related to the installation of commercial and industrial electrical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes appropriate level of apprentice course work and tracks on-the-job training.
- Assists with the installation of branch conduit systems.
- Assists with the installation of branch wire systems.
- Assists with the installation of distribution conduit systems.
- Assists with the installation of distribution wire systems.
- Assists with the installation of branch devices.
- Assists with the installation of underground systems.
- Assists with assembling appropriate tools and materials for the task on a daily basis.
- Safeguards and maintains Tri-M equipment, material, tools, and vehicles.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Must enroll in and actively participate in an approved Apprenticeship Training Program.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Good work ethic.
- Self-starter and ability to follow directions.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the assigned work location/office.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to stay away on job sites, as needed
- Ability and willingness to drive company vehicles as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally to jobsites as needed.
- Flexible work hours, and overtime as needed.
- Working 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 to 10 hour shifts
- Standing and climbing 4 to 6 hours/day
- Kneeling, lifting, reaching above shoulders, and bending 4 to 5 hours/day
- Twisting (180° ) and walking 2 to 3 hours/day
- Squatting and sitting 1 to 2 hours/day
- Lifting weights of 0 to 75 lbs. at the following frequencies: continuous lifting of 10 to 35 lbs.; frequent lifting of 35 to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting of 50 to 75 lbs.; sizes & shapes of objects vary from concrete blocks to cylinders to 10’ lengths of metallic conduit and 20' lengths of PVC conduit; average carry requirements, 60 lbs. for 40'
- Ability to lift from floor to above shoulder
- Repetitive use of hands includes: continuous grasping up to 50 lbs.; frequent pushing and pulling of 50 to 75 lbs.; and fine motor coordination for receptacle installation and wire terminations
- Repetitive use of feet is required for operating heavy equipment, conduit benders and vertical climbing
- Vision adequate for blueprint reading and color coding for wire identification
- Balance adequate for continuous climbing of ladders, scaffolds, and lifts and for working from heights.
- Environmental factors may include working in temperature extremes of 0° F to 100° F up to 8 hours inside or outside and atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, and odors within the Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL).
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and potentially explosive hazards
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, protected-toe boots, and appropriate gloves for the task. Equipment on an "as needed" basis may include fall protection, dust mask, respirator, hearing protection, arc flash protective gear, and dielectrically insulated gloves and/or sleeves, etc.
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.