Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Assists with the overall administration, organization, and implementation of large complex electrical construction projects. Responsible for the administration, organization and implementation of small projects. Duties include supervising personnel in order to achieve company objectives and maximize employee career development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M employment policies and procedures including standards of conduct and appearance to reflect positively on the Company.
- Monitors project progress and prepares project status reports to ensure meeting project deadlines and budgets.
- Meets with potential customers and/or customer representatives to review and/or define small projects scope.
- Prepares cost estimate or refers project scope to Estimating Department for preparation of cost estimate.
- Develops and presents completed proposal to customers.
- Coordinates with Estimating Department to review project scope and assigns job numbers and task codes as needed.
- Assures proper and timely billing of customers and assists in prompt collection of accounts receivable and retainage.
- Under direction of Senior Project Manager assigns project superintendent or foreperson and select manpower for projects.
- Develops and/or reviews job schedule as needed.
- Coordinates with Purchasing Department the acquisition of major materials and switchgear.
- Coordinates tool and equipment requirements with warehouse.
- Assures that all permits, licenses, and inspections filings are completed.
- Under the direction of Senior Project Manager assures set-up of job site office and storage facilities.
- Attends all job meetings when required.
- Assures maintenance of all job records.
- Coordinates requirements for vendor and shop drawings.
- Prices, submits to owner and expedites all change order requests in a timely manner.
- Assures timely completion of all project close out activities including punch list, as builts, warranty letters, etc.
- Supervises assigned personnel in order to achieve company objectives and maximize career development for employee including conducting timely performance evaluations.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and techniques in the electrical construction trade.
- Recommends improved methods of operation.
Skills & Education:
- High school education; post high school education desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an electrical foreperson or comparable work experience.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications and electrical schematics.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage people.
- Ability to organize and administer multiple job functions.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Basic understanding of electrical trade and applicable electrical codes.
- Knowledge of and ability to deal with other construction trades.
- Must be confident, decisive, and self-motivated.
- Working a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
- Standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending, twisting, and walking as needed to perform site surveys to collect data for project design.
- Balance adequate for climbing ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Environmental factors include working in: temperature extremes of 0 F to 100 F up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, odors; and poor ventilation in confined spaces.
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, gloves and hearing protection.
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.