Under the supervision of the CFO, performs various accounting, corporate planning and finance functions, supervises all accounting functions and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops objectives, goals and strategies for operation of the Accounting Department.
- Coordinates with management and operating groups in developing appropriate policies and procedures to achieve efficient and accurate recording of accounting data.
- Assures that proper procedures and methods are in place for effective operation of the department.
- Supervises Accounting personnel and conducts performance evaluations.
- Assures accuracy and reasonableness of adjusting journal entries.
- Assures closing process meets company timetables.
- Provides accounting support to operations and other support departments serviced.
- Maintains the monthly closing workbook and ties worksheets to the balance sheet accounts, sub-ledgers and supporting documents.
- Properly separates the posting of capital and operational expenditures.
- Coordinates with management and CPA audit firm to verify, test and document company's books and records.
- Insures that account postings are updated to the proper accounting period.
- Coordinates payroll and accounts payable activities with the accounting system.
- Bachelor’s Degree, major in accounting, with minimum 10 years of private accounting experience.
- In-depth knowledge of trade construction accounting practices is required.
- Intermediate level computer literacy including word processing, formatting spreadsheets, processing emails and database management including working knowledge of networked computer systems and report writer programs.
- Above average math skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines as part of a team.
- Very good human relations and leadership skills including the ability to handle difficult situations in a professional, constructive manner.
- Ability to develop teams both within the division and the company, to set and achieve goals harmoniously.
- Working a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for daily and consistent computer use and reading
- Hearing adequate for phone use.