Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Generates and/or follows up sales leads in the security marketplace culminating in the successful presentation of a system proposal and receipt of a purchase order. Acts as customer liaison during installation and pursues system expansion and service work after installation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops sales leads and customer contacts by networking with professional contacts including manufacturers, distributors, and professional security and law enforcement.
- Qualifies sales leads by providing consultation, customer interviews, conducting surveys, performing security needs assessments, and identifying customer specific solutions
- Assist customers with master planning, budget estimating, costs analysis, white papers, concepts, solutions and with the design/build process.
- Conducts site survey to assist in system design and cost estimation and prepares and presents sales proposals and cost estimates.
- Conducts necessary sales follow up to secure purchase order.
- Meets or exceeds annual sales booking and gross margin objectives.
- Regularly updates sales forecast.
- Follows up system sales for customer satisfaction and potential system expansion or service work.
- Assist in developing marketing and sales support literature and presentation materials.
- Actively update sales progress in current CRM.
- College degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in sales and marketing of security & building automation systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Intermediate level computer literacy including word processing, formatting spreadsheets, processing emails and database management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail and self-starter.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence people including the ability to handle difficult situations in a professional, constructive manner.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications and schematics.
- Must be confident, decisive, self-motivated.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally on business.
- Working a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
- Standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending, twisting, and walking as needed to perform site surveys to collect data for project design.
- Balance adequate for climbing ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Environmental factors include working in: temperature extremes of 0 F to 100 F up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, odors; and poor ventilation in confined spaces.
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, gloves and hearing protection.
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.