Generates and/or follows up sales leads in the security marketplace culminating in the successful presentation of a system proposal and receipt of a purchase order. Acts as customer liaison during installation and pursues system expansion and service work after installation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops sales leads and customer contacts by networking with professional contacts including manufacturers, distributors, and professional security and law enforcement.
- Qualifies sales leads by providing consultation, customer interviews, conducting surveys, performing security needs assessments, and identifying customer specific solutions
- Assist customers with master planning, budget estimating, costs analysis, white papers, concepts, solutions and with the design/build process.
- Conducts site survey to assist in system design and cost estimation and prepares and presents sales proposals and cost estimates.
- Conducts necessary sales follow up to secure purchase order.
- Meets or exceeds annual sales booking and gross margin objectives.
- Regularly updates sales forecast.
- Follows up system sales for customer satisfaction and potential system expansion or service work.
- Assist in developing marketing and sales support literature and presentation materials.
- Actively update sales progress in current CRM.
- College degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in sales and marketing of security & building automation systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Intermediate level computer literacy including word processing, formatting spreadsheets, processing emails and database management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail and self-starter.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence people including the ability to handle difficult situations in a professional, constructive manner.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, specifications and schematics.
- Must be confident, decisive, self-motivated.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally on business.
- Working a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
- Standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending, twisting, and walking as needed to perform site surveys to collect data for project design.
- Balance adequate for climbing ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Environmental factors include working in: temperature extremes of 0 F to 100 F up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, odors; and poor ventilation in confined spaces.
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, gloves and hearing protection.