*This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus*
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Under the supervision of a Project Manager, Superintendent, Foreperson or Senior Journeyperson, performs various tasks related to the layout and installation of various commercial and industrial electrical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with all Tri-M and customer safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Tri-M employment policies and procedures including standards of conduct and appearance to reflect positively on the Company.
- Works from construction drawings (i.e., electrical, mechanical, architectural, etc.)
- Installs branch systems.
- Installs distribution systems.
- Installs various lighting systems.
- Installs motor, power and control systems.
- Installs special electrical systems (i.e., fire detection, nurse call, etc.).
- Installs underground systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical problems utilizing appropriate test equipment.
- Conducts appropriate on-the-job training of apprentices.
- Safeguards and maintains Company equipment, material, tools and vehicles.
- Requisitions materials as needed.
Skills & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum of four years experience in the electrical trade and/or completion of a state-approved apprenticeship program.
- Satisfactorily performs tasks at or above Apprentice Level 4.
- Ability to properly lay out and administer small jobs (normally one to three team members)
- Good working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Confident, decisive, self-motivated, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the assigned work location/office.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must purchase company required personal tools (see attached list) and maintain in good condition.
- Ability and willingness to drive company vehicles as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally to jobsites as needed.
- Working 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 to 10 hour shifts.
- Standing and climbing 4 to 6 hours/day.
- Kneeling, lifting, reaching above shoulders, and bending 4 to 5 hours/day.
- Twisting (180° ) and walking 2 to 3 hours/day.
- Squatting and sitting 1 to 2 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 75 lbs. at the following frequencies: continuous lifting of 10 to 35 lbs.; frequent lifting of 35 to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting of 50 to 75 lbs.; sizes & shapes of objects vary from concrete blocks to cylinders to 10’ lengths of metallic conduit and 20' lengths of PVC conduit; average carry requirements, 60 lbs. for 40'.
- Ability to lift from floor to above shoulder.
- Repetitive use of hands includes: continuous grasping up to 50 lbs.; frequent pushing and pulling of 50 to 75 lbs.; and fine motor coordination for receptacle installation and wire terminations.
- Repetitive use of feet is required for operating heavy equipment, conduit benders and vertical climbing.
- Vision adequate for blueprint reading and color coding for wire identification.
- Balance adequate for continuous climbing of ladders, scaffolds, and lifts and for working from heights.
- Environmental factors may include working in temperature extremes of 0° F to 100° F up to 8 hours inside or outside and atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, and odors within the Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL).
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and potentially explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, protected-toe boots, and appropriate gloves for the task. Equipment on an "as needed" basis may include fall protection, dust mask, respirator, hearing protection, arc flash protective gear, and dielectrically insulated gloves and/or sleeves, etc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group, LLC does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.