Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Under the supervision of management, performs various tasks necessary to evaluate bid requests, prepares bid estimates, and performs basic design functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with and ensures compliance with all Tri-M safety, substance abuse prevention and employment policies and procedures.
- Complies with and ensures compliance with Tri-M’s standards of conduct and appearance to reflect positively on the Company.
- Complies with customer and jobsite safety requirements and procedures, and ensures subcontractors do the same.
- Provides complete, accurate and timely security solutions, including Access Control, CCTV, Intrusion Detection Burg for projects.
- Reads and interprets plans and specifications to ensure project scope is covered.
- Refines and adjusts estimating labor units and costs on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews completed projects in order to refine estimating practices.
- Attends pre-bid meetings and conducts job walk through as required.
- Coordinates subcontractor bidding.
- Reviews estimates with management and sales per established guidelines.
- Ensures kick off meetings are conducted and hands off appropriate information to Operations.
- Evaluates estimating software applications and provides feedback for Security.
- College degree in Engineering or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Sales, Estimating, Security or related field.
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to read and understand electrical architectural, mechanical and control drawings, specifications schematics and ladder diagrams.
- Knowledge of and ability to deal with other construction trades.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Bluebeam Vu experience is a plus.
- Working 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 hour shifts.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
- Standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending, twisting, and walking as needed to perform site surveys to collect data for project estimating.
- Balance adequate for climbing ladders, scaffolds and lifts.
- Environmental factors include working in: temperature extremes of 0 F to 100 F up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, odors; and poor ventilation in confined spaces.
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, gloves and hearing protection.
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.