Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Under the direction of the Project Manager, performs tasks required to prepare security hardware and software for acceptance testing. Independently performs or directs all start-up activities on intrusion, access control and CCTV system projects. Conducts acceptance testing with customer’s representatives. Provides 24-hour hardware and software service availability for non-commissioned systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently retrofits existing intrusion, access control, and CCTV systems.
- Tests intrusion, access control and CCTV systems for proper hardware/software
- operation. Conducts and documents customer acceptance test.
- Performs calibration adjustments on all required field devices.
- Verifies operation of control programs. Performs software and hardware additions/corrections to systems as required.
- Assists engineers to resolve system malfunctions. Replaces parts on defective microprocessor boards, computer peripherals, and other control devices.
- Provides 24/hours/day, 7/days/week hardware and software service availability on both commissioned and non-commissioned systems through participation in on-call rotation.
- Completes all necessary paperwork to support field work.
- Performs systems inspections according to manufacturer requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two year technical degree in Electrical Systems Technology or minimum of 7 years work experience in security systems.
- Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in Security Install Technician duties and knowledge.
- Proficient knowledge of common electrical instruments and their proper use (volt, ohm, amp meters).
- Proficient knowledge of intrusion, access control and CCTV systems.
- Proficient knowledge of local and wide area networking (e.g. identify and describe the basic operation of network interface cards, hubs, switches and routers).
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Proficient personal computing skills and familiarity with Microsoft office and AutoCAD programs.
- Above average math skills.
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical and control drawings, specifications, schematics and ladder diagrams
- Ability to interpret sequences of operations with good attention to detail.
- Working 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 to 10 hour shifts
- Standing and climbing 4 to 6 hours/day
- Kneeling, lifting, reaching above shoulders, and bending 4 to 5 hours/day
- Twisting (180° ) and walking 2 to 3 hours/day
- Squatting and sitting 1 to 2 hours/day
- Lifting weights of 0 to 75 lbs. at the following frequencies: continuous lifting of 10 to 35 lbs.; frequent lifting of 35 to 50 lbs.; occasional lifting of 50 to 75 lbs.; sizes & shapes of objects vary from concrete blocks to cylinders to 10’ lengths of metallic conduit and 20' lengths of PVC conduit; average carry requirements, 60 lbs. for 40'
- Ability to lift from floor to above shoulder
- Repetitive use of hands includes: continuous grasping up to 50 lbs.; frequent pushing and pulling of 50 to 75 lbs.; and fine motor coordination for receptacle installation and wire terminations
- Repetitive use of feet is required for operating heavy equipment, conduit benders and vertical climbing
- Vision adequate for blueprint reading and color coding for wire identification
- Balance adequate for continuous climbing of ladders, scaffolds, and lifts
- Environmental factors include working in: temperature extremes of 0° F to 100° F; up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, and odors within the Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL).
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and potentially explosive hazards
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, protected-toe boots, and appropriate gloves for the task. Equipment on an "as needed" basis may include fall protection, dust mask, respirator, hearing protection, arc flash protective gear, and dielectrically insulated gloves and/or sleeves
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.