Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we place our employees first, knowing that highly trained, skilled, and compensated workforce can better serve our customers, our families and our communities. We’ve built a reputation for delivering quality and professional commercial electrical services with safety as a top priority. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on our employees, and it starts with hiring the best and brightest talent in the industry!
Check out Tri-M’s comprehensive benefit list below the job description!
Performs various tasks necessary to purchase materials, equipment, and tools needed by the Company. Negotiates with suppliers to obtain best possible prices. Controls expediting, returns, and surplus material.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides estimators and project managers with material prices, availability, substitution, technical information, etc.
- Provides purchasing support to general managers, project managers and estimators as jobs are being designed, or prepared for bid.
- Performs various tasks necessary to purchase materials, equipment and tools needed to complete field projects such as:
- Establishes purchases priorities.
- Assures accuracy and reasonableness of requisitions and invoices.
- Negotiates purchase, availability, and price of materials.
- Assures orders are expedited as required by project managers and field personnel.
- Updates and distributes vendor list to project managers, superintendents and forepersons, as requested.
- Authorizes purchase of materials from suppliers, assigns purchase order number, determines sales tax rate and tax, designates shipping date and freight charges, and provides background instructions and shipping directions and instructions.
- Works with Project Team to stage materials in locations designated to be the most efficient for quick retrieval and safest to avoid tripping hazard.
- Assures that surplus materials are evaluated and sold.
- Assures that returned materials are properly documented and returned to vendor in a timely manner or credited to appropriate job.
- Maintains contacts with suppliers' representatives.
- Negotiates and maintains material blanket agreements with vendors and distributes information to Estimating Department and project managers.
- Performs data entry of material lists, invoices, and packing slips.
- Assists warehouse personnel in assuring maintenance of proper inventory levels.
- Keeps abreast of new developments and techniques in the electrical construction trade.
- Recommends improved methods of operation.
- Checks inventory listing for price accuracy.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in purchasing.
- Working knowledge of materials, tools and equipment used in the electrical contracting and building automation industries.
- Above average negotiating skills.
- Above average math skills.
- Good human relations skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Confident, decisive, self-motivated, stable personality.
- Working up to 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 to 10-hour shifts.
- Vision adequate for daily and consistent computer use and reading.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
Here at The Tri-M Group, LLC we offer:
- Fair and competitive pay
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental Insurance
- HRA Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Seven Paid Holidays
- Vacation/Sick/ Personal Leave
- 401k Retirement Program with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Protection
- Wellness Programs
- And much more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Notice to third parties: Please note that The Tri-M Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, The Tri-M Group, LLC explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The Tri-M Group, LLC.