Under supervision of the Safety and Training Manager this position provides clerical and other administrative support for the Safety and Training Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers and professionally handles all incoming telephone calls for the Company. Ensures timely distribution of incoming faxes throughout the day.
- Assists with the confidential implementation of the substance abuse prevention program including scheduling, testing, distributing screening notices and compliance tracking. Provides prompt notification to management of problems and/or discrepancies.
- Conducts monthly inspections of fire extinguishers throughout office campus.
- Maintains first aid kit inventory to ensure kit components are not expired and first aid supplies are replenished as needed.
- Completes and maintains pre-qualification documents for projects as required.
- Organizes and submits safety and training documents as requested by customers.
- Compiles monthly tool box talks for distribution to the field.
- Maintains all inventory of safety supplies and tools and provides to field operations as needed or requested.
- Administers the DOT physical program by scheduling DOT physicals and maintaining DOT files.
- Process annual Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) update.
- Inputs all safety and training information into the HRIS and LMS systems including: safety and skills training, MVR’s, accountability, drug tests, and physical dates.
- Assembles jobsite trailer safety documentation packets as required.
- Tracks employee accountability and safety appreciation program, generates monthly reports and processes award distribution.
- Assists with new hire employee requirements and onboarding tracking.
- Schedule and communicate upcoming training classes.
- Provides administrative support to the Safety and Training team by taking meeting minutes, correlating information and performing additional tasks upon request.
- Assists in the setup, coordination and facilitation of Training.
- High school diploma or equivalency. Post high school education desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in safety and/or training administration preferred, but general business administration is acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task various job responsibilities simultaneously.
- Working up to 40 hours/week, scheduled in 8 to 10-hour shifts.
- Vision adequate for daily and consistent computer use and reading.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.