The Account Executive will work cooperatively with the Sales Manager/Executive Vice President, customers and other company personnel to generate and/or follow up on sales leads in the building automation systems and/or security marketplace culminating in the successful presentation of a system proposal and receipt of a purchase order. Acts as customer liaison during installation and pursues system expansion and service work after installation. This position will work as a member of the team to support the company’s ability to reach full potential, be an advocate for new and/or existing customers and will understand and communicate all elements of our value proposition to industry affiliates.
This position will be provided with established customer accounts that will be transitioned upon starting in this role. In addition, this position will be provided with a car allowance and other competitive benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops sales leads and customer contacts.
- Assists Marketing team in implementing marketing plan.
- Analyzes and evaluates customer and application to pre-qualify sales lead.
- Conducts site survey to assist in system design and cost estimation.
- Prepares system cost estimate, savings analysis and sales proposal.
- Presents sales proposal and conducts system demonstrations.
- Conducts necessary sales follow up to secure purchase order.
- Communicates to corporate engineering and installation personnel customer system requirements.
- Coordinates between customer and corporate personnel specific job information.
- Conducts sales and informational calls to architectural and engineering community.
- Follows up system sales for customer satisfaction and potential system expansion or service work.
- Meets or exceeds annual booking and grossing goals.
- Actively updates sales progress in current CRM.
- College degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years sales experience in HVAC industry.
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally on business.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products and services.
- Problem solving and analytical ability.
- Can-Do attitude.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor.
- Able to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to perform with limited supervision – be a self-starter.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective business building and selling strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of company and industry practices and trends.
- Working a minimum of 40 hours/week.
- Sitting 6 to 8 hours/day.
- Lifting weights of 0 to 30 lbs. from floor to above shoulders.
- Repetitive use of hands for writing, typing, data entry, and filing.
- Vision adequate for computer use and reading.
- Hearing adequate for phone use.
- Standing, climbing, kneeling, reaching, bending, twisting, and walking as needed to perform site surveys to collect data for project design.
- Balance adequate for climbing ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Environmental factors include working in: temperature extremes of 0 F to 100 F up to 8 hours inside or outside; atmospheric exposure to dust, gases, fumes, odors; and poor ventilation in confined spaces.
- Special hazards include exposure to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Personal protective equipment includes use of hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, gloves and hearing protection.